Obedience training is aimed at dogs over 6 months old that have had some formal training.
It’s important that it’s fun for both you and your dog, helping you to strengthen the bond at every stage. Seeing a dog progress and respond to positive training is a very rewarding experience.
You will learn how to make progress with your dog. You’ll begin to understand just how much your dog is capable of learning. Watching and understanding your dog’s behaviour and how you influence this behaviour is all part of the training.
Vale Dog Training are here to help you using positive, effective, easy-to-understand and fun training methods.
What does training cover?
- Extending the basics of sit, down and stand
- Lead work – walking on a loose lead, past distractions
- Recall – come away from major temptations and distractions when called
- Self-Control – meet and greet politly, extended sit/stay, wait before going out, stay
- Handling – grooming, examinations
- Leave it – ignore foods and temptations when out and about
Training includes demonstrations of how to introduce these excersizes in a fun and positive way with the use of cues, hand signals and a flexabile approach.
Obedience is a unique combination of absolute precision, cues and signals. The outcome being a picture of unity and the ultimate display of dog and handler working as a team. Obedience is often referred to as the dressage of the canine world. Have fun learning new skills taught to you in a creative way.